TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS RESIDENTIAL LEASE - DEFINITIONS
"Surrender" occurs when all occupants have vacated the Property, in Landlord's reasonable judgment, and one of the following events occurs:
- (a)the date Tenant specifies as the move-out or termination date in a written notice to Landlord has passed; or
- (b)Tenant returns keys and access devices that Landlord provided to Tenant under this lease.
"Abandonment" occurs when all of the following occur:
- (a)all occupants have vacated the Property, in Landlord's reasonable judgment;
- (b)Tenant is in breach of this lease by not timely paying rent; and
- (c)Landlord has delivered written notice to Tenant, by affixing it to the inside of the main entry door or if the Landlord is prevented from entering the Property by affixing it to the outside of the main entry door, stating that Landlord considers the Property abandoned, and Tenant fails to respond to the affixed notice by the time required in the notice, which will not be less than 2 days from the date the notice is affixed to the main entry door.